Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Scrabble Adventure



My youngest babe got me out of bed at 6 this morning. It's *Saturday*, mind you, but I got out of bed happily because he slept all night in his crib... in his brother's room! Yippee! I haven't nursed the sweet babe in more than 48 hours, and he's done great through the night with Daddy tending to him (if the need arise). (for all of you who may not realize, this means I have gotten the best two nights of sleep since December '04! Hurray!) Anyhow, that's not why I came to you today.

Both babies were being loud at 7 this morning, and I knew there was a craft show at a church in our area that started early, so off we went (for the sleeping men-folk's sake, of course)! The tent-like canopies really got me excited as we pulled into the parking lot, but I soon realized it was more of a rummage sale than a craft show. But hey, who's complaining? Not me. There was *so* much stuff to "rummage" through, my daughter and I were in "50 cent to a dollar" Heaven! We got a bath rug (it looks brand new), a spice chart, a precious Winnie-the-Pooh placemat for my darling- *but messy*- daughter, and (cue the drum roll please) Scrabble! I *love* Scrabble! I don't get to play too often, and as our family is slowly working on building our game stack, this was a magnificant find. The problem was there were three different boxes being sold each for a buck. Two of the boxes obviously didn't have enough tiles, so I picked the one that had the most, crossing my fingers that when we got home we wouldn't be sorely disappointed (and not be able to play!). Looking back, I should have bought at least two of 'em, but it's ok- we still had to attend the Pancake Breakfast.

So we finally get a chance to count our tiles. 18 A's...ok. 4 B's...did we get double all the tiles? *23* E's........um, did we get all the letters in the alphabet? I just counted out half of our stash! I kept counting, and thankfully got to Z, and realized that we *almost* have double tiles. About 8 of the letters aren't a complete double, so I'm not quite sure what to do with them, but I'm happy that now we can play Scrabble any day of the week! Hurray!

I know this post has been a long time in coming. Sorry- I've been exhausted lately ;)

0 thoughts: