Thursday, November 16, 2006

The American Christian



UPDATE 2/27/2007:
I figured out YouTube! Here's the video that cracks me up and causes me to squint with familiarity at the same time (...isn't it ironic...)!



I can't figure out how to put YouTube up on my blog ('cause I really don't know what I'm doing- technically;), so you'll have to go visit the source rather than getting it straight from me! (I just discovered SmuloSpace, and have been reading it off and on all day [since I was wide awake and in need of some time-passing stimulation at 3 o'clock this morning].)

This video clip from John Smulo's blog is a great caricature of what American Christianity has become to so many people. It makes me rethink being a Christ-follower and how I express that to the "world" vs. how the "world" outside of Christianity sees most Christians.


"The world doesn't know what you are trying to say, but you'll keep trying anyway."

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for checking out my blog on and off today. I'm surprised it didn't put you to sleep after having woke up so early!

I'll look forward to checking out your blog as well.

bonnie: said...

Aw shucks, John, I think you should know that only a handful of people read this blog! But you're welcome back anytime!

Anonymous said...

We all have to start out somewhere. Thanks for the welcome back :-)