Friday, June 1, 2007

A New Dynamic

My seven-year-old has flown out of the coop and been gone for a week (which gives me more time to blog), and the dynamic in our house has changed dramatically! Before, there was bickering, boredom, and blues, but with the oldest gone, my two middle children are happy to creatively play with each other for long periods of time.

One of the goals I listed to complete before his return was to get at least four weeks of lesson planning done. I mentioned our new curriculum, and I have been so excited to have daily plans that will keep him busy. Too busy to bother the babies. Too busy to interrupt their special "we're-only-16-months-apart" dynamic. Not doing "busy work," of course, but we are finally stemming away from the three 'R's and getting into more lengthy lessons. Hurray!

Team work! I'm a proud mama.

0 thoughts: