Thursday, July 19, 2007

Our Romance

On the topic of worship music, I'd like to introduce you to my favorite song. I have sung it several times while attending/visiting Victory Assembly, but that's the only time and place I'd ever heard it. While I was looking up the lyrics the other day for Hosanna! I came across this media player, and was so excited to have found it I immediately bought the song from itunes. I've listened to (and worshiped with) the song 17 times since then. (Make sure you click on My Romance when you follow the link to the media player.)

Worship is a most special communion between our Betrothed and our spirits. Rebecca Groothius, in her essay titled "Let’s Put Worship Back in the Worship Service" s says this:

[T]he worship service is a symbolic acting-out of what should be to the soul an ongoing inner reality. As our relationship with God is celebrated in this way, it is confirmed and established in our thoughts and our lives.

When we come to church in order to worship, we come to desire and enjoy God for whom he is, rather than merely for what we can receive from him. We come first to bless the Lord, and secondarily to be blessed by him.

In a culture that focuses on self-expression, worship is readily perceived merely as an expression of our feelings about God and what he has done or can do for us. The other side of worship—that of God making himself known to us—often goes unacknowledged. [W]hen we worship God according to a true knowledge of God, our spirits are opened to receive a further revelation of who God is and how he loves us. As our knowledge of God increases, so does our desire to worship him.

Worship is an intermingling, and this song beautifully conveys that image, praising God all the while.

My Romance

Look at the way the flowers bloom for You
They want to show You their beauty Lord
Running waters dance, You and I romance


Chorus:

Unto You be all the glory.
Unto You be all the glory (repeat)


Bridge:

The angels dance around You
The earth it sings about You
Open up the heavens Lord
Let Your Kingdom come to earth


My praises all surround you
My soul can't dance without you
Open up the heavens Lord
Let Your kingdom come to earth


And if that wasn't enough, I've begun rereading Ted Dekker's Circle trilogy, which I *highly* recommend. It's Narnia-esque, with talking animals, a great journey, and the reconciling of man to God. It masterfully, creatively, beautifully depicts God's love for us, and our surrendering to Him- the Great Romance. It's "adrenaline laced...packed with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil."

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

hi, my name is debra and i know this is an old post of your but i was looking for the lyrics for my romance today and i came across your post. i am 17 and i attend youth group every week and our youth band plays my romance and we worship to it every week i adore that song. along with here i am to worship.

if you know who really sings my romance will you let me know?

burdendebra@yahoo.com thanks.

god bless.