Tuesday, June 5, 2007

my chair


I've found a chair that my living room claims it can't live without. My living room tells me that it is the *perfect* chair, a beautiful chair, and one that will be amazingly practical for holding two full grown babies on my lap for story time (much better than squeezing onto a toddler bed, don't you think?).

It's going to float out in the middle of the room, facing our couch so when we have company, I won't have to sit sideways on my couch in order to see their lovely faces. It doesn't have arms, which make the floating abundantly more flowing, allowing your eye to skim right around the room without being rudely interrupted by bulky, overbearing arms.

Obviously the design of my living room with this added chair is only speculative, seeing as I come no where close to being all that great at interior designing (that's why I read Mark Cutler's blog, who, by the way, answered my question about wicker for me *in a post of it's own*). And the buying of this awesomely cool chair is only wishful thinking, of course, because wanting and having are two distinctly different "ings."

Honestly, it was one of those things that you didn't know you needed until you saw it. But I saw it. Now I want it, and I need to bury the idea until the time is right.

Easier said than done.

0 thoughts: